Scroll down for the Flood Recovery Hotline, Primary Producer, Business and Community Support

Flood hotline 1

Flood primary producer 1

Rural Aid

Click here to register for Rural Aid's support for fodder, water, counselling, volunteer assistance

Flood farmer Army

Click here to register for Rural Aid's Farmer Army support


Click here to register for Rural Aid's Delivery Assistance

RFCSVW tile Sep 2022

Click here to contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service - Victoria West

Flood business 1

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)

Who is eligible? – Your household

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is for people who have suffered a significant loss because of the floods.

This includes if your home was severely damaged or destroyed, or if you suffered a serious injury.

If you are eligible, adults can get $1,000 and children can get $400. 

Equivalent financial assistance will also be available to eligible New Zealand citizens (‘non-protected’ Special Category Visas, subclass 444 holders) affected by the floods.

Information about the payments and eligible LGAs is available at:


Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)

Who is eligible? – Your household, small business, and primary producers

The disaster recovery allowance (DRA) is for employees and sole traders who lose income because of a major disaster. You can get payments for up to 13 weeks after the disaster happens. These payments are taxable.

The Australian Government is providing this allowance for 46 Victorian LGAs. More areas may be added depending on how they are affected by flooding.

Information about the payments and all eligible LGAs is available at:


Additional Resources:

Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) - 1300 771 741

Free financial counselling to rural businesses.gBiz Assist - 1300 834 775. Free rural and small business financial counselling.


Additional support for Buloke: 

Fees waived for flood waste

The waste levy for flood waste and the gate fee usually charged by site operators will be waived for until 31 December 2022.

Community Recovery Officers

An investment of $6 million will station Community Recovery Officers in affected LGAs to help identify the recovery needs of individuals and families in Buloke – making sure communities are getting appropriate support for their unique requirements, and support government to identify if any further support is needed. 

Community Mental Health Support

Neighbourhood Houses and Aboriginal Community-Controlled Organisations in affected areas will receive $400,000 to run local events, connecting flood-affected residents across communities.

School Mental Health Fund

Children and their families who have been affected by the floods are strongly encouraged to contact their trusted school leaders, who can help them access that care quickly.