1. Home
  2. breadcrumbs separator
  3. breadcrumbs separator


Buloke Shire Council levies rates and charges in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989 (Victoria) and the Valuation of Land Act 1960 (Victoria). Council's Revenue department handles all enquiries concerning this process and is happy to discuss any issues or concerns that ratepayers may have.

Rate Payment Information

Rate Notices are usually forwarded to ratepayers in August of each year. If you have not received your notice, please contact Council on 1300 520 520 to confirm your current mailing address and ask for a copy of your notice.  

Council offers residents the choice of paying rates in a lump sum or in instalments. 



Monday, 15 February 2021


First Instalment: Wednesday, 30 September 2020

Second Instalment: Monday, 30 November 2020

Third Instalment: Sunday, 28 February 2021

Fourth Instalment: Monday, 31 May 2021


You can pay your rates by nine equal instalment, via Direct Debit only, between the months of September 2020 to May 2021. Register for the Direct Debit payment option by contacting Council on 1300 520 520 and requesting a Direct Debit Application form, or alternatively click here Direct Debit Authority Form.

RATE REBATE SCHEME: Buloke Shire has a rate rebate scheme to encourage landholders to protect remnant native vegetation. Guidelines and application forms are available by contacting Council, or alternatively click here Rate Rebate Scheme Guidelines.

PAYMENT DIFFICULTIES: Any ratepayer who may experience difficulties in paying their rates should contact Council’s Rates Officer on 1300 520 520 to discuss alternative arrangements.

INTEREST ON OVERDUE RATES: Whichever method you choose for paying your rates, by instalment, or in full, interest will be charged on all late payments. As well as interest charges, Council can also take legal action for recovery of unpaid rates.

PENSIONER CONCESSION: Ratepayers may apply for a pension concession if they hold an eligible Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or DVA Gold Card specifying TPI or War Widow.  Eligible pensioners may receive 50% off their rates to a maximum of $241.00.

 if you are paying in fu

Click here for DHS's Municipal Rates Concession Application Formand return to Council.  Hard copies of this form are available at Council's Wycheproof Office. You can visit the Department of Human Services website at

**Health Care Cards do not entitle ratepayers to a rate rebate.**


**Full details of payment methods are listed on the reverse side of your rate notice.**

BY MAIL - Make cheques payable to Buloke Shire Council. Send to Buloke Shire Council, PO Box 1, Wycheproof, VIC 3527

BY TELEPHONE - Pay by phone using your MasterCard or Visa. Call 1300 301 090.

eNOTICE - eNotices is a secure and easy way to receive your rate notices direct to your email.  Once set up, you also have the option to pay your rates via the payment gateway using either your nominated bank account or credit card.

Upon registration, all of your notices can be viewed at any time.

To register for eNotices click here. Please note, you will need your eNotices Reference Number which can be found at the bottom of your rates notice.

BPAY - Contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to make payments directly from your savings or cheque account. Biller Code and Reference numbers are detailed on your rate notice.

CENTREPAY - Contact Centrepay if you wish to organise a deduction from your Centrelink payment.

IN PERSON - Pay in person at any post office or at Council's Wycheproof Office.

Find out more about:

  • Change of Details Ensure rates notices are forwarded to the correct address and avoid incurring any unwanted penalties by ensuring your details are correct.
  • Property Valuations All councils determine property rates by applying a rate in the dollar to the total value of the property.
  • Fire Services Levy The Fire Services Levy is used to fund the Country Fire Authority and Metropolitan Fire Brigade. The levy is not new, but was previously included in insurance premiums and therefore was only paid by those who had insurance cover.
  • Single Farm Enterprise Single Farm Enterprise/Municipal Charge Exemption.