1. Home
  2. breadcrumbs separator
  3. breadcrumbs separator

Health and Prescribed Accommodation Registration

The Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 requires any business/individual conducting any of the following activities to be registered with council

  • Beauty Therapy
  • Colonic Irrigation
  • Hairdressing
  • Skin Penetration
  • Tattooing
  • Prescribed Accommodation

An application to register along with the relevant fee must be lodged with council.  If you are planning to purchase an existing business, you must apply to transfer the registration into your name.  A transfer fee is payable.

An inspection of a health or prescribed accommodation premises should be considered prior to the transfer of an existing premises to determine if there are any outstanding works that require completion.  Any outstanding works becomes the responsibility of the new proprietor after the transfer of ownership takes place.  

Registration and Transfer of Registration of a Health or Prescribed Accommodation Premises

Health or Prescribed Accommodation Premises Registration - If you plan to start or transfer a business there are a number of permits you need to apply for before you can begin trading.  

The relevant forms are available below:

For information on the current fees please contact Council's Coordinator Public Health and Emergency Management on 1300 520 520.