All household drains, and their maintenance, are the responsibility of the resident. This means the section of drainage that lies within the property boundaries are also residents' responsibility.

Council recommends only licensed plumbers be used for any private drain or plumbing works you may require.

Council is responsible from the legal point of entry (the drain connection at the point where the water from your property reaches the gutter). Also, some of the stormwater drains under and along side roads, drainage and service pits, lids and grates are the responsibility of Council and are all programmed for ongoing clearance and maintenance throughout the year.