1. Home
  2. breadcrumbs separator
  3. breadcrumbs separator

Aged and Disability Services

Buloke Shire Council’s Aged & Disability Services Unit aims to support and enhance the well-being and independence of older people, younger people with disabilities, as well as their Carers and families.

Buloke Shire Council acknowledges that the community it serves is diverse in terms of age, health issues, abilities, cultural and socio-economic background, language skills, education, spirituality and sexuality. Buloke Shire Council is committed to ensuring that each client’s rights to privacy and confidentiality are respected. 

All Aged & Disability Services staff have attained the Certificate III in Community Care and the Certificate III or higher in Aged Care.  Staff also, participate in ongoing further education and training to serve the needs of the community. Council is responsible for ensuring a safe workplace for its employees.  A safety check of your home and equipment will be conducted prior to your service commencing.

Buloke Shire Council is providing Commonwealth subsidised Aged Care Services and is required to comply with the Aged Care Quality Standards (Quality Standards). 

The Quality Standards focus on outcomes for clients and reflect the level of care and services the community can expect from Buloke Shire Council.

Elderly person with hands on their walking stick. They are wearing a checkered shirt and tan pants. They have a gold wedding ring on their right index finger.

In Home Support – over 65’s

Commonwealth Home Support Program

The Commonwealth Home Support Program is funded by the Commonwealth and State Government and provides entry-level aged care services for those aged 65 and over (or Indigenous people aged 50 and over). The program also includes support services for prematurely aged people on a low income who are 50 years or over (45 years or over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

Buloke Shire Council understands the importance of building strength and retaining independence and quality of life in the home and community. We will work with you to achieve your goals to retain your skills and in some cases learn new skills. Services that can be provided:

General Home Care                                

Meals On Wheels

Personal Care

Respite Care

Home Maintenance  

The entry point is to call and register with My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422 (free call) where questions will be asked to determine your needs and care arrangement.

If eligible, a referral will be directed to the Buloke Shire Regional Assessment Service Officer.

In Home Support – under 65’s

If you are aged less than 65 (or Indigenous people aged less than 50) and have a temporary or permanent disability needing some help with daily tasks to live independently at home you can contact the Aged & Disability Services Team on 1300 520 520 to organise an assessment. These services are funded by the Victorian State Government's HACC Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)

Eligibilty and Assessments

Each client receives a full assessment in their home, which identifies their eligibility and needs. The assessment process includes the client and, if required, their carer or other persons as appropriate.


Fees are set by Council each year. A fee is charged for each service and an invoice will be raised each month.

The fees vary and are established at the time of assessment.


Find out more about:  

  • How to access Aged and Disability Services Aims to support and assist older people, people with a disability and their carers within the community.
  • Veterans Home Care Services to eligible Veterans to enable them to continue living independently in their own homes.
  • Aged Care Volunteer Visiting Services Intereach has places available in the Buloke Shire for referrals to the Aged Care Volunteer Visiting Services (ACVVS)
  • Diversity Planning Aims to improve access to Aged and Disability Services by eligible people who are marginalized or disadvantaged.
  • Care Services Buloke Shire's Care Services.
  • Buloke Disability Support Network The Buloke Disability Support Network is a group dedicated to bringing together people with disabilities, carers and support services from across Buloke.
  • Carer Support Services List of external links to support carers across Victoria.
  • AAA Play AAA Play is operated by Reclink Australia, which is supported by the Victorian State Government. AAA Play connects people with disabilities to sport and recreation activities in Victoria.