Home Rural Living Victoria
A A Text size Home Contact Us Sitemap

Personal Care

Forward to a friend Printer Friendly

What is Personal Care for?

To enable eligible residents to live independently at home by assisting with personal tasks that they are unable to perform on their own.

What can it do?

Council’s Personal Care Service undertakes a range of tasks including assistance with showering, dressing or grooming, assistance with mobility, and assistance with food preparation and eating.

What happens if my Personal Care needs change?

Direct Care workers are only permitted to attend to the tasks that have been assessed as required. If your needs change, another assessment will be necessary before staff are allowed to perform extra tasks.

Can Direct Care workers do nursing tasks, like medication and dressings?

No.  If these types of care are required the district nurse should be contacted.


Buloke Shire Council: 367 Broadway, Wycheproof, VIC 3527 | Phone: 1300 520 520 | Fax: (03) 5493 7395 | Email: buloke@buloke.vic.gov.au

Copyright (c) 2011 Buloke Shire Council | Privacy | Disclaimer