The Buloke Shire Council is a public statutory body incorporated under The Local Government Act 1989 (Victoria). The Act sets out the primary purposes and objectives of the Council and defines its functions and powers.
The Council consists of a Mayor, Deputy Mayor and five Councillors.
The current Buloke Shire Council was elected in November 2016 and will retire in October 2016.
The Council's primary objectives are:
- to act as a representative government and consider community needs when making decisions;
- to establish strategic objectives for municipal services and monitor their achievement;
- to ensure the responsible and accountable management of the organisation’s resources;
- to advocate for local community interests to other communities and governments;
- to provide fair and equitable representation of constituents;
- to be a responsible partner in government, taking the needs of other communities into account;
- to foster community cohesion and encourage participation in civic life;
- to manage community assets; and
- to enforce by-laws.
OFFICE LOCATION AND OPERATING HOURS
Council's Office is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm at 367 Broadway, Wycheproof.
Our postal address is Buloke Shire Council, PO Box 1, Wycheproof, VIC 3527.
All services available over the counter can be accessed by calling 1300 520 520.