General Home Care
The General Home Care service provides domestic assistance to support older people, people with disabilities, and their resident carers to maintain a safe, secure and healthy home environment.
About the General Home Care service
General Home Care service is focused on enhancing clients’ independence by providing essential assistance in a range of areas. All prospective clients are assessed to gauge their needs. Depending on the outcome of the assessment, General Home Care workers can perform the following:
- Undertake essential house cleaning, including of bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, laundries, living areas and bedrooms;
- Prepare meals, do shopping, undertake small errands and pay bills as required;
- Escort clients to do shopping and pay bills, or to attend medical and related appointments;
- Support carers of older people and people with disabilities by undertaking activities necessary to maintain a safe, comfortable and healthy home environment;
- Monitor the well-being and other circumstances of clients.
Can a General Home Care worker perform other tasks?
General Home Care workers are only permitted to attend to the tasks that have been assessed as required. If your needs change another assessment will be necessary before General Home Care workers are allowed to perform extra tasks.
Accessing the General Home Care service
To find out more about the General Home Care service, contact one of Council’s HACC Coordinators on 1300 520 520.