Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 1982
gives everyone a general right of access to Buloke Shire Council documents dated after 1 January 1989.
Material Prepared by Council
The public may inspect, free of charge all the information prescribed under Part 5 of the Local Government (General) Regulations 2004
, including Buloke Shire agendas and minutes, planning schemes, local laws, pecuniary interest register, town planning registers, annual reports, Corporate plans, yearly financial statements and Council budgets.
Procedures for Requesting Access To Information
You can make a request yourself, or you can authorise another person (for example, a solicitor) to make a request on your behalf. If you want someone to make a request on your behalf for your personal information, you must give them your written authorisation.
- Be in writing on the form attached, see Related Content.
- Clearly describe the documents you are requesting access to.
- Include the application fee or evidence that you qualify to have the application fee waived. Other costs may be incurred in granting access to the documents that you have requested.
- Be made to Buloke Shire Council that holds the documents you are seeking.
- In accordance with legislation, Buloke Shire Council has 45 days to respond to requests.
If the documents are about your personal affairs, you should provide evidence of your identity. For example, a photocopy or electronic copy of your current Drivers Licence.
If you are unsure about what ID to provide, contact the Council on 1300 520 520. If you want the fee to be waived, include evidence that payment of the fee would cause you financial hardship. For example, a photocopy or electronic copy of your current health care card.
- Application fee - $27.20 from 1 July 2015 (non- refundable unless fee is waived)
Access charges are set by government regulations. You can download a copy of these regulations from Freedom of Information Regulations. Further information about FOI fees and charges can be found at the Freedom of Information Commissioner's website.
More information can be found at the Freedom of Information website.