Meeting Procedure and Common Seal Local Law No 15
Council is required by the Local Government Act 1989 to have a local law regulating the conduct of Council meetings and the use of Council’s common seal.
The objectives of the Council’s Meeting Procedure and Common Seal Local Law are to:
- provide a mechanism which facilitates the good governance of the Council;
- promote and encourage community participation;
- regulate the election of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and any chairpersons of special committees;
- regulate the use of the Common Seal;
- and generally provide for the administration of the Council’s powers and functions.
For more information contact Council on 1300 520 520.