To ensure your bin is collected, follow these simple steps:
- Place your bin out the night before collection is due. No guarantee is given that collection times will not change on the day. While Council and its contractor endeavour to maintain a consistent collection time, if your bin is not out for collection when the truck arrives, the truck will not return.
- Place your bin with the handle facing towards your property, so the lid opens facing the road.
- Make sure your bin is not overfull and that the lid is closed.
- No HARD WASTE should be placed in the garbage or recycling bin.
Items that should not be placed in the garbage bin include:
- Gas bottles
- Fencing wire
- Electrical wire
- Electrical appliances
- Green waste
- Paint tins & farm chemicals
Please remember that loose plastic and supermarket bags are NOT recyclable and should be placed in the garbage bin.
A fixed charge of $375.00 applies for the collection and disposal of waste from properties. This service provides one 120 litre Rubbish Bin and a 240 litre Recycling Bin.