Home Rural Living Victoria
A A Text size Home Contact Us Sitemap

Council Rates

Forward to a friend Printer Friendly

Buloke Shire Council levies rates and charges in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989 (Victoria) and the Valuation of Land Act 1960 (Victoria). Council's Revenue department handles all enquiries concerning this process and is happy to discuss any issues or concerns that ratepayers may have.

Rate Payment Information

Rate Notices are usually forwarded to ratepayers in August of each year. If you have not received your notice, please contact Council on 1300 520 520 to confirm your current mailing address and ask for a copy of your notice.  

Council offers residents the choice of paying rates in a lump sum or in instalments.


Monday, 16 February 2015 


First Instalment: Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Second Instalment: Monday, 1 December 2014

Third Instalment: Monday, 2 March 2015

Fourth Instalment: Monday, 1 June 2015

DIRECT DEBIT: Rates may also be paid by Direct Debit in nine equal instalments commencing in September 2014 and concluding in May 2015.  Register for the Direct Debit payment option by contacting Council on 03 5478 0100 and requesting a Direct Debit Application form, or alternatively click here Direct Debit Authority Form.

EARLY RATE PAYMENT INCENTIVE: Council offers a Rate Payment Incentive Scheme, a discount of 1.5% of the total rates and charges shown on the Rate Notice will be made as an incentive for rate bills paid in full by the end of business on Friday, 26 September 2014. This Scheme is open to all ratepayers. The 1.5% discount cannot be applied to the Fire Service Property Levy.

RATE REBATE SCHEME: Buloke Shire has a rate rebate scheme to encourage landholders to protect remnant native vegetation. Guidelines and application forms are available by contacting Council, or alternatively click here Rate Rebate Scheme Guidelines.

PAYMENT DIFFICULTIES: Any ratepayer who may experience difficulties in paying their rates should contact Council’s Rates Officer on 1300 520 520 to discuss alternative arrangements.

INTEREST ON OVERDUE RATES: Whichever method you choose for paying your rates, by instalment, or in full, interest will be charged on all late payments. As well as interest charges, Council can also take legal action for recovery of unpaid rates.

PENSIONER CONCESSION: Ratepayers may apply for a pension concession if they hold an eligible Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or DVA Gold Card specifying TPI or War Widow.  Eligible pensioners may receive 50% off their rates to a maximum of $208.00.

 if you are paying in fu

Click here for DHS's Municipal Rates Concession Application Form and return to Council.  Hard copies of this form are available at Council's Wycheproof Office.

**Health Care Cards do not entitle ratepayers to a rate rebate.**


**Full details of payment methods are listed on the reverse side of your rate notice.**

BY MAIL - Make cheques payable to Buloke Shire Council. Send to Buloke Shire Council, PO Box 1, Wycheproof, VIC 3527

BY TELEPHONE - Pay by phone using your MasterCard or Visa. Call 1300 301 090.

INTERNET - Pay over the internet using credit card. Visit www.deft.com.au.

DIRECT DEBIT - Council now offers payment by Direct Debit from a nominated bank account. Applications forms are available by contacting Council, or alternatively click here Direct Debit Application Form.

BPAY - Contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to make payments directly from your savings or cheque account. Biller Code and Reference numbers are detailed on your rate notice.

CENTREPAY - Contact your Council if you wish to organise a Centrepay deduction from your Centrelink payment.

IN PERSON - Pay in person at any post office using cash, cheque or eftpos (no credit cards), at Council's Wycheproof Office.

Find out more about:

Change of Details
Ensure rates notices are forwarded to the correct address and avoid incurring any unwanted penalties by ensuring your details are correct.
Fire Services Levy
From 1 July 2013 the Victorian Government requires local councils to collect a Fire Services Levy on their behalf, as part of rates notices.
Property Valuations
All councils determine property rates by applying a rate in the dollar to the total value of the property.

Buloke Shire Council: 367 Broadway, Wycheproof, VIC 3527 | Phone: 1300 520 520 | Fax: (03) 5493 7395 | Email: buloke@buloke.vic.gov.au

Copyright (c) 2011 Buloke Shire Council | Privacy | Disclaimer